Parents have a great opportunity to shape our kids into becoming more like Christ.
Grow as a parent by applying these tips.
- Remember that you are the parent, not your kids.
- Reaffirm your unconditional love for your kids.
- Give your kids realistic consequences and always follow through with them.
- Give your kids choices but not complete freedom as they grow up.
- Pray. Everyday.
- Although Dad is the spiritual authority, both Mom and Dad need to be on the same page. Don’t let your kids play parents against each other.
TCC wants to help you navigate the challenges of bringing up children in a way that honors God. TCC’s Parenting Ministry will partner with Children and Student Ministries to provide fellowship, resources, and studies to help you become the extraordinary parent that God desires you to be.
Check out Parenting with Purpose, our new event which gives parents an opportunity to connect, share, and learn to raise kids in today’s challenging, changing world.