TALKING POINTS / WALKING POINTS
View the sermon summary or dig deeper into the message during the sermon, in your personal Bible study, or with your family or Community Group in application-driven discussion.
Application / Challenge
- Read Ephesians 1 again this week.
- Jot down the spiritual blessings that Paul outlines for us, and then thank God for them.
- Pray Paul’s prayer (v. 17-23) for yourself and for your fellow TCCers. Ask God’s Holy Spirit to give all of us wisdom and insight into all that God has provided.
- Determine to draw upon God’s great power which is available to you, for…
- comfort in our afflictions (1 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- strength in any circumstance (Philippians 4:11-13)
- endurance in temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- contentment in any testing (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)
TAKE ONE STEP
Each week, write down one doable concrete step of obedience, small or large, that you will put into practice this week. (James 1:22: “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.”)
COMMUNITY GROUP LEADER’S GUIDE
Community group leaders, use this version of TP/WP to prepare for meaningful discussion during your Community Group.