What Jesus Says to His Church – Thyatira- The Corrupted Church – 5 of 8
SERIES STUDY GUIDE
This 8-part series uses a comprehensive study guide. Download from the Save PDF button above.
APPLICATION / CHALLENGE
- Make sure the Jesus you worship fits all the biblical data.
Jesus is both terrifying and tender—and we should be glad that he is!
Because he’s infinitely good, his revulsion against evil also must be infinite.
Jesus is good—but he’s not safe! Make sure you’re worshiping the biblical Jesus.
- Jesus searches the minds and hearts with his fire-eyes. So…
- “keep his deeds to the end”, yet
- know that good deeds don’t give us a pass.
Jesus evaluates us all, and he gives to each one of us according to our deeds.
When you see idolatrous greed forming in your heart, repent.
When you suspect that something has become way too important and out of whack in your life, let TCC’s biblical counseling ministry help you.
- Do your part—whatever it might be—to help TCC be a holy church.
- Pray for your TCC leaders to follow Scripture, even when its uncomfortable.
- Pray for TCC to “hold fast to what we have until Jesus returns”.
- Be “humbly intolerant” of sin in our midst. Humble because we’re all capable of any sin.
But help your brother not tolerate sin in their lives which may destroy them or dishonor Christ.
TAKE ONE STEP
Each week, write down one doable concrete step of obedience, small or large that you will put into practice this week. (James 1:22: “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.”)