1 Peter – 1 Peter 1:1 – 3:20
- God saves us.
- God graciously chooses a people for himself (1:1-2; 2:9)
- God gave Christ to die in our place so that we could belong to Him (1:18-19; 2:24; 3:18)
- God sent his Spirit to cause us to be born again (1:2, 12, 23)
- God changes us.
- God gives us love for Christ and faith and hope in Him (1:8, 21)
- God gives us freedom to love and serve without fear and self-protection (1:22; 2:16; 3:6, 8, 14)
- God gives us perspective and power to suffer with confidence and contentment (1:6, 8)
- God promises us.
- God will keep us and care for us in this life (1:5; 2:25; 3:12)
- God will bless us in our righteous suffering (3:14, 17)
- God will complete our holiness and salvation in the next life (1:5, 9, 16)
APPLICATION / CHALLENGE
Choose one truth from today’s message which you most need to understand and to embrace. Tell someone close to you which truth you selected, why it is significant to you, and ask for prayer to understand it better, to grow in gratitude to God for it, and to live in light of it in concrete ways.
TAKE ONE STEP
Each week, write down one doable concrete step of obedience, small or large, that you will put into practice this week. (James 1:22: “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.”)